Salam sejahtera untuk kita semua.
Mr Luhut Pandjaitan, Coordinating Minister of Maritime and Investment.
Mr Bambang Prijambodo on behalf Ministry of National Development Planning.
All Ambassador and representative.
Government leader and officer.
Friends and partner.
And all distinguished The 3rd Indonesia Circular Economy Forum guest and participant.
Alhamdulillahirabbil alamin. Thanks GOD Almighty we can gather this morning in this forum with spirit to realize IndonesiaMaju and a better world ecosystem.
Indonesia. This is our beloved nation and important country on the world ecosystem. According many research institution, Indonesia in 2030 will become the 4th largest economy with a GDP of around 10,1 Trillion US Dollars. A lot of research had been conducted on future economic projections. But genuinely, on behalf of the young generation, Greeneration Foundation poses the question that hasn't been asked yet so far: What kind of economy will Indonesia or the world have in 2030? Will it be an economy that makes our society happy? Will it preserve the beauty and carrying capacity of our nature and environment? Or will it inherit more problems for our future generations?
We know and are now aware that with today' LINEAR economy system. The system that still focusing on TAKE, MAKE, and DISPOSE from society. This system is not sustainable and creath many issues as well as problems. Now everyone is discusing about Plastic waste pollution, Marine debris, Waste problem and more. How sustainable is an economic system that creates all of these urgent issues? This might be the scariest moment of our lives.
Our aspiration as young generation is to shift Linear Economy towards Circular Economy. A system or a model of economy that aims to redefine growth, with a focus to enact positive society-wide benefits. It is based on three principles:
- Design out waste and pollution
- Keep products and materials in use
- Regenerate natural systems
Waste4Change research show that with Circular Economy model, from waste management perspective only, Indonesia will have a new economic value around 7 Billion dollar or 100 Trillion rupiah or 4,1% our 2019 state budget. From holistic value chain it can add up to 35 Billion dollar or 500 Trillion rupiah or 20,5% our 2019 state budget.
Therefore Greeneration Foundation and all our friends manage to set up Indonesia Circular Economy Forum start from 2017. The message from previous Forum:
Three main challenges to setup CE in Indonesia
- Commitment for circular economy is not limited only to government and corporate’s commitment, but also the community’s commitment to implement it on daily basis.
- Implementation refers to how to apply circular economy in every element because every element have their own different roles, therefore requires different treatment as well.
- Funds that become a major obstacle for small actors that seek transformation but does not have the sufficient amount of funds to initiate the transformation.
Three main solutions that is being recommended by previous forum on setup CE are education, collaboration
- Education are not only carried out towards experts, corporates, or governments, but also towards formal education starting from elementary school up to university, with the subject tailored to their respective levels.
- Collaboration has to be done by every stakeholder, because achieving a massive transformation cannot be done alone, instead it has to be a joint efforts aiming at one common goal.
- The law is required as the cornerstone, however, law should not only present in a written form,
but also in a form of firm law enforcement to ensure its implementation.
It sound normative and familiar on many similar forum or conference. That's a prove we still need to work smarter, harder, and collaborative as much as we have to. On this 3rd Forum lets make the Commitment, the Collaboration, and the Solution. Step aside the Ego System and let our heart, mind and soul open to the Eco System. We can start to make sure that Circular Economy will be on the RPJMN 2020-2024 and RPJPN 2025-2045 as Indonesia guideline for this country development. Lets hope and help our president Mr Joko Widodo, under his leadership and team will implement Circular Economy for IndonesiaMaju.
Thanks to all sponsor and supporter. Thanks to all participant. God bless us all.
Mohamad Bijaksana Junerosano
Founder and Head of Greeneration Foundation
Steering Committee of Indonesia Circular Economy Forum